Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1st day of school

Like so many other kids. Today was the first day of school. WOOHOO! Little Lady was up on time and excited about our new routine in the mornings. Breakfast, brush teeth and hair, get dressed, and THEN watch Sesame Street until it is time to go. Yeah I know this is not a crazy routine but all summer we have slept in and watched Sesame Street WHILE we had breakfast. So it was a bit of a change and I expected a fight about it. We then tried to get a good picture of her on her first day...it took being bribed with 2 cookies and even then she still was kinda a stinker and S had to resort to drastic measures to get her to smile. Once we got to school she decided to play shy but eventually she settled in...ok it was all of 10 minutes and she was off playing with her friends from last year. I signed some papers and then left. She didn't need me any more. Well she wanted me to stay but I kinda snuck out because she was playing with her friends and very happy.

 





 Today was a short day at school. After I picked LL up it was time for lunch so we went out to eat. I let her pick and even despite all my efforts to change her minds he had to have "chicken nuggets old McDonald's". She enjoyed her lunch.



We returned home where she took a great nap then it was time for her homework. Yep homework on her first day. Also our first battle over homework. She declared that she was not going to do it. Home work is bad. I let her know she had no choice. Eventually she saw things my way and finished her homework. We then played outside. It was a great first day, even if she still says "I don't like ms. Anna"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol