So Kari is here and we were planned on letting her sleep in. I drove S to work with Little Lady and as we approached worked the phone rang. I had S answer it and it was the guys from the embassy calling to come pick up our extra furniture. They were on the way! So not exactly as planned but at least the furniture was going to be leaving. I drive like a Jordanian home and hurry upstairs. I try knocking on the door all gentle like to Kari's room. No answer....So I knock longer....Still no answer...I take a break to go and get Little Lady out of her carseat so she can help me knock. Little Lady knocking is much more about a bunch of yelling and that wasn't working so I start banging. Eventually Kari comes out and is in a robe because she was in the shower the whole time. WHOOPS!! That was when she lets me know she is not done showering. WHOOPS again!!! So she and I hurry to make sure that the guys can get to the furniture in her room. Our plan is that Kari is going to just lock herself into the bathroom so she can finish showering. The guys get here and they are driving 2 pick ups. 6 guys 2 pickups and here is the list for them to collect: A tall boy and low boy dresser, A queen mattress and box spring, a crib and crib matress, a coffee table, an end table, a twin bed frame, mattress and boxspring, and 2 lamps. Do you see the problem with this picture? Yeah apparently they didn't either! So after a while they get it loaded (3 truck loads) and the final truck stacks the mattress and boxspring on the bed (it did not fit in it) and then the crib on top. They tie it down right???? NOPE!!! They just drive away and hope for the best. I figure that since it was in one piece when it went out our door I am not responsible right? I hope so. lol After that Kari and I went to the store with Little Lady and since the back door of the car would not open we had to fit the baby and her carseat in the back seat along with the groceries and the stroller! We get home and dummy me I roll the back window down to see if that helps us get the door open. Kari looks at me and then says "well that would have been a good way to get the groceries in the car". and I was like " oh yeah I never thought of that" Oh WOW!! lol We get everything up stairs, then we eat some lunch, and leave to go hang out at the embassy. On the way S calls me to tell me that our car is being delivered in 15 minutes (does this remind you of anything). Kari and I continue to the embassy where they are supposed to be delivering it. We try to get in the one gate and cannot for various reasons. Kari and I ask to go to the other gate and the guy says no. S has to come down (why I am still not sure) then Kari and I are told it would be better if we went around to the other gate. (didn't we already say that?) we go around to the other gate, get in, S goes back to work. Well sorta because at that moment the car is ready and he has to go get it. He gets it and gets it parked, we exchange keys and he goes back to work. Kari and I take Little Lady and head out to the car to head home. We get to the car and discover that her car seat is still in the other car that I just gave S the keys to. Whoops! I call S and he has to come out and open the car. Eventually he is able to head to work again. Kari and I go out and stop at Little Ceasers to get dinner and somehow even though we ordered 2 pizzas we only got one. So the guy had to make another one becuase hot and ready is more of made fresh to order, wait 15 minutes thing here. We got the pizzas just in time for Little Lady to wake up and scream the car ride home. In short it was one of those days. It was kinda fun though and I am pretty sure that Kari and I had some great laughs about our day. I am not sure S got a a lot of work done though.
1 comment:
That's the kind of day you don't want to repeat very often!
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol