Sunday July 23rd:
S went and picked up our new housekeeper/ nanny E at 4th circle at 8 am. She seemed nervous but it was great that Little Lady was still asleep so I had a chance to talk to her without help. She was surprised by the cats but after a little interest from them they disappeared as usual. Little Lady woke up and E was friendly towards her and Little Lady was smiling and happy to meet her. That was until E tried to feed her. She was not having it. So I fed her. Then Little Lady was happy to play with her as long as I played too. It was a rough start but E is very nice and she even managed to get some cleaning in as did I.
So the rest of the week was spent trying to unpack and adjusting to life with E. Little Lady is not convinced she will be a great caregiver. So far the focus is on E playing with Little Lady while I get to clean and unpack. Although I have to feed Little Lady still (which I was expecting as she refuses to eat from S too). E is doing a good job with her. She seems a little hesitant but her confidence is building and Little Lady is a tough case. She cries the moment I am not in eye sight or holding her. Little Lady is officially teething. She is cranky and not sleeping at night so that makes for a cranky mommy too. Overall it was not a great week for E to start but she is pretty helpful and it can only get better. I should add that Tuesday I went to Mecca Mall with A and B. A asked me then if Little Lady was teething and I said not really. She is fussing and not sleeping as well but I don't see anything. After we returned from the mall I was able to catch a peak in Little Lady's mouth and yep she is teething. That first little spot of white is showing and you can feel the tooth under the surface. Wednesday Little Lady decided that one tooth at a time is not enough so the 2nd one started too. Thursday E, Little Lady and I went to the store. E wanted to get the cleaning supplies she wanted and I needed groceries. E wanted to push the stroller but we are going to need some practice. She did not tell me until later but it was her first time using a stroller and I am pretty sure there was not a shelf or display in the mall that did not get to meet the stroller first hand. LOL oh well. Practice makes perfect.
Friday July 28th:
S and I tried to go to Smart Buy to get some things for his trip. It was closed for prayer and we could not get a straight answer on when it would open. So we decided to drive over to Mecca Mall and try to go to ACE hardware. We drove through town and it was still prayer time. It was strange to see everyone pulled over on the side of the road praying. This does not normally happen. At one point people were praying in the shade of KFC and it really looked like they were praying to KFC. Kinda wish we would have had the camera. We arrived at the mall and the mall itself was open but the stores were closed. They were not going to open until at least 2pm. It was hard to find out when they would open as there were no signs posted and no one seemed to know. So we went home, got our stuff together, and headed to the pool. Little Lady loved it. Then we returned home and S had to pack for his weekend in Switzerland.
Saturday Little Lady and I stayed home and watched the Olympics after we said goodbye to S at 8:30am. I shopped online and we just vegged out around the house. It was a perfect Saturday other than S was missing.
Sunday E came in the morning and Little Lady and I went to the pool after she left. It was a quiet place to spend the afternoon.
Monday we played all day.
Tuesday S arrived back home at 3 am. E came at 9 and it was a good day. Little Lady's 1st tooth has finally popped through the skin so hopefully this will help with her sleeping as it has been a very long weekend without S to take a turn. Little Lady slept in bed with me a lot.
The rest of the week was spent with E cleaning or playing with Little Lady and Me playing with Little lady or cleaning.
Saturday August 5th S and I ventured out to Carrefore. It was the first time we had been to City Mall (the 4th mall we have been too). This one is a bit more like the malls we are used to back home. We enjoyed the stores and then went into Carrefore. Carrefore is a lot like Middle Eastern Super Walmart. It has a bit of everything and a large selection to choose from. We needed a new DVD player and there were like 20 to choose from where other stores only had 5. They had toys, electronics, baby items, clothes, rugs, kitchen utensils and plates, and apparently downstairs was the groceries but Little Lady had had enough so we never made it to that part of the store.
This past week the Pool has been closed. The water turned green and it has been figured out that whoever was taking care of the pool did not use the correct chlorine. It was also blamed on sand but we have not had a sand storm recently so it is unlikely that it is because of sand. So it has been a sad time for Little Lady but it has been a very busy week.
Sunday and Monday we stayed home.
Tuesday we drove S to work so that we could go to the grocery store with E. We went to the store and then came home. I taught E how to make chicken pot pie which she says she has never had before. She loves it. I also made fudge. Once the fudge was done I drove to the embassy and gave it to S to share with his coworkers.
Wednesday we were a little late getting S to work but we woke up and went to coffee at the embassy. S enjoyed his time at work I am sure. lol While Little Lady and I enjoyed meeting all the people at coffee. There were a lot of new people there and it was strange that I was considered the old timer as I had been here the longest and it is only 2 months! We talked about babies, living here, Ramadan, and of course things we miss about being in the states. It was a great time and I took the rest of the fudge and I am happy to say all that I brought was gone. S came down at 1 and we all had lunch together. Little Lady actually sat in a highchair for the whole meal! Once we were done Little Lady and I came home and it was around 2:30 or 3 she took a nap. Then we played and eventually it was meltdown time and I called S and said we are coming to get you. NOW! He was not able to leave though so Little Lady and I played on the playground for the first time. Little Lady seemed to enjoy the swing but she likes to have both feet in the baby swing with her. She really enjoyed the slide. I don't think she ever got enough of the slide but S came down and it was past bedtime so we were on the way home.
Thursday Little lady and I got up and drove S to work again. We dropped him off then promised to be back around 6. E came over and she cleaned like crazy. I got some work done on the computer but mostly I played with Little Lady. At 6pm we headed to the embassy for steak night. The steaks were good, not over cooked this time and the company was fantastic. We hung out at our table and wandered around talking to people until after 8. At 8 is Little lady's bed time and so she had had enough. We left when she was fussing enough and she was sound asleep before the car left the parking lot. We got home, I took her out got her in her pjs and she had her milk and was asleep by 9. S and I were asleep by 10. What has happened to the nights that seemed to really get going at 10? Staying out until 1? Yep that is in the past. We were both exhausted. Little Lady slept until 6 when I gave her some milk and put her in bed with us. S thought I was being a bed hog but once Little Lady started fussing awake at 8:30 he realized we had company (including the 2 cats)! Other bonus Item. Little Lady now has 2 teeth. The other one finally came through and so S calls her our reverse beaver but she looks super cute and hopefully it will help with the sleep from now on. Well that is until the next ones start coming in.
Friday 8/10 BRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep we hurried and got ready and headed to brunch at the embassy. It was great! The best part was not having to cook it. Ok maybe the best part was that it had pork products. Bacon and Sausage!!!! Oh how we have missed them. S can get real bacon at work but I do not often eat at the embassy so I do not get it very often. I was actually surprised at the number of people that I knew at brunch. Maybe we are starting to get the hang of living here. After we talked with a bunch of people and had our fill to eat we headed to the pool. YAY it was finally open. Downside being that they had to refill the pool with some fresh water and it was freezing! Little Lady and S did not seem to mind. I woosed out for the most part and choose to sit on the side with my feet in and the rest of me enjoying the sun. We had some friends at the pool and then sat around talking. Eventually we came home. It was like 3:30! It is amazing how much time you can waste at the pool. We hung out, played, and rested. We were wore out. S and I ordered some dinner after Little lady went to bed and we went to bed again at 10 pm.
Ok so thank you to those of you still reading this boring long crazy post and all the others. I will try to get better at posting as things happen. Our day to day seems a bit trivial to write about but then again I might want to actually remember these time when Little lady is off to college or heck even Kindergarten. I will probably want the reminder of snuggling in bed and days spent at the pool and all the great moments that all go by way too fast. She is already getting so big and busy. She hardly likes to snuggle anymore because she wants in on the action of everything. Hoepfully this next week is a bit slower and has a lot more sleep. Fingers crossed!
S went and picked up our new housekeeper/ nanny E at 4th circle at 8 am. She seemed nervous but it was great that Little Lady was still asleep so I had a chance to talk to her without help. She was surprised by the cats but after a little interest from them they disappeared as usual. Little Lady woke up and E was friendly towards her and Little Lady was smiling and happy to meet her. That was until E tried to feed her. She was not having it. So I fed her. Then Little Lady was happy to play with her as long as I played too. It was a rough start but E is very nice and she even managed to get some cleaning in as did I.
So the rest of the week was spent trying to unpack and adjusting to life with E. Little Lady is not convinced she will be a great caregiver. So far the focus is on E playing with Little Lady while I get to clean and unpack. Although I have to feed Little Lady still (which I was expecting as she refuses to eat from S too). E is doing a good job with her. She seems a little hesitant but her confidence is building and Little Lady is a tough case. She cries the moment I am not in eye sight or holding her. Little Lady is officially teething. She is cranky and not sleeping at night so that makes for a cranky mommy too. Overall it was not a great week for E to start but she is pretty helpful and it can only get better. I should add that Tuesday I went to Mecca Mall with A and B. A asked me then if Little Lady was teething and I said not really. She is fussing and not sleeping as well but I don't see anything. After we returned from the mall I was able to catch a peak in Little Lady's mouth and yep she is teething. That first little spot of white is showing and you can feel the tooth under the surface. Wednesday Little Lady decided that one tooth at a time is not enough so the 2nd one started too. Thursday E, Little Lady and I went to the store. E wanted to get the cleaning supplies she wanted and I needed groceries. E wanted to push the stroller but we are going to need some practice. She did not tell me until later but it was her first time using a stroller and I am pretty sure there was not a shelf or display in the mall that did not get to meet the stroller first hand. LOL oh well. Practice makes perfect.
Friday July 28th:
S and I tried to go to Smart Buy to get some things for his trip. It was closed for prayer and we could not get a straight answer on when it would open. So we decided to drive over to Mecca Mall and try to go to ACE hardware. We drove through town and it was still prayer time. It was strange to see everyone pulled over on the side of the road praying. This does not normally happen. At one point people were praying in the shade of KFC and it really looked like they were praying to KFC. Kinda wish we would have had the camera. We arrived at the mall and the mall itself was open but the stores were closed. They were not going to open until at least 2pm. It was hard to find out when they would open as there were no signs posted and no one seemed to know. So we went home, got our stuff together, and headed to the pool. Little Lady loved it. Then we returned home and S had to pack for his weekend in Switzerland.
Saturday Little Lady and I stayed home and watched the Olympics after we said goodbye to S at 8:30am. I shopped online and we just vegged out around the house. It was a perfect Saturday other than S was missing.
Sunday E came in the morning and Little Lady and I went to the pool after she left. It was a quiet place to spend the afternoon.
Monday we played all day.
Tuesday S arrived back home at 3 am. E came at 9 and it was a good day. Little Lady's 1st tooth has finally popped through the skin so hopefully this will help with her sleeping as it has been a very long weekend without S to take a turn. Little Lady slept in bed with me a lot.
The rest of the week was spent with E cleaning or playing with Little Lady and Me playing with Little lady or cleaning.
Saturday August 5th S and I ventured out to Carrefore. It was the first time we had been to City Mall (the 4th mall we have been too). This one is a bit more like the malls we are used to back home. We enjoyed the stores and then went into Carrefore. Carrefore is a lot like Middle Eastern Super Walmart. It has a bit of everything and a large selection to choose from. We needed a new DVD player and there were like 20 to choose from where other stores only had 5. They had toys, electronics, baby items, clothes, rugs, kitchen utensils and plates, and apparently downstairs was the groceries but Little Lady had had enough so we never made it to that part of the store.
This past week the Pool has been closed. The water turned green and it has been figured out that whoever was taking care of the pool did not use the correct chlorine. It was also blamed on sand but we have not had a sand storm recently so it is unlikely that it is because of sand. So it has been a sad time for Little Lady but it has been a very busy week.
Sunday and Monday we stayed home.
Tuesday we drove S to work so that we could go to the grocery store with E. We went to the store and then came home. I taught E how to make chicken pot pie which she says she has never had before. She loves it. I also made fudge. Once the fudge was done I drove to the embassy and gave it to S to share with his coworkers.
Wednesday we were a little late getting S to work but we woke up and went to coffee at the embassy. S enjoyed his time at work I am sure. lol While Little Lady and I enjoyed meeting all the people at coffee. There were a lot of new people there and it was strange that I was considered the old timer as I had been here the longest and it is only 2 months! We talked about babies, living here, Ramadan, and of course things we miss about being in the states. It was a great time and I took the rest of the fudge and I am happy to say all that I brought was gone. S came down at 1 and we all had lunch together. Little Lady actually sat in a highchair for the whole meal! Once we were done Little Lady and I came home and it was around 2:30 or 3 she took a nap. Then we played and eventually it was meltdown time and I called S and said we are coming to get you. NOW! He was not able to leave though so Little Lady and I played on the playground for the first time. Little Lady seemed to enjoy the swing but she likes to have both feet in the baby swing with her. She really enjoyed the slide. I don't think she ever got enough of the slide but S came down and it was past bedtime so we were on the way home.
Thursday Little lady and I got up and drove S to work again. We dropped him off then promised to be back around 6. E came over and she cleaned like crazy. I got some work done on the computer but mostly I played with Little Lady. At 6pm we headed to the embassy for steak night. The steaks were good, not over cooked this time and the company was fantastic. We hung out at our table and wandered around talking to people until after 8. At 8 is Little lady's bed time and so she had had enough. We left when she was fussing enough and she was sound asleep before the car left the parking lot. We got home, I took her out got her in her pjs and she had her milk and was asleep by 9. S and I were asleep by 10. What has happened to the nights that seemed to really get going at 10? Staying out until 1? Yep that is in the past. We were both exhausted. Little Lady slept until 6 when I gave her some milk and put her in bed with us. S thought I was being a bed hog but once Little Lady started fussing awake at 8:30 he realized we had company (including the 2 cats)! Other bonus Item. Little Lady now has 2 teeth. The other one finally came through and so S calls her our reverse beaver but she looks super cute and hopefully it will help with the sleep from now on. Well that is until the next ones start coming in.
Friday 8/10 BRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep we hurried and got ready and headed to brunch at the embassy. It was great! The best part was not having to cook it. Ok maybe the best part was that it had pork products. Bacon and Sausage!!!! Oh how we have missed them. S can get real bacon at work but I do not often eat at the embassy so I do not get it very often. I was actually surprised at the number of people that I knew at brunch. Maybe we are starting to get the hang of living here. After we talked with a bunch of people and had our fill to eat we headed to the pool. YAY it was finally open. Downside being that they had to refill the pool with some fresh water and it was freezing! Little Lady and S did not seem to mind. I woosed out for the most part and choose to sit on the side with my feet in and the rest of me enjoying the sun. We had some friends at the pool and then sat around talking. Eventually we came home. It was like 3:30! It is amazing how much time you can waste at the pool. We hung out, played, and rested. We were wore out. S and I ordered some dinner after Little lady went to bed and we went to bed again at 10 pm.
Ok so thank you to those of you still reading this boring long crazy post and all the others. I will try to get better at posting as things happen. Our day to day seems a bit trivial to write about but then again I might want to actually remember these time when Little lady is off to college or heck even Kindergarten. I will probably want the reminder of snuggling in bed and days spent at the pool and all the great moments that all go by way too fast. She is already getting so big and busy. She hardly likes to snuggle anymore because she wants in on the action of everything. Hoepfully this next week is a bit slower and has a lot more sleep. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol