Ok so I haven't forgotten to post it has just been a pretty boring
week. Here is what we have been up too and please I recommend reading
this at bed time so it will help you sleep!
Tuesday 8/14/12: Spent the day dealing with a sick baby. She was up most of the night and then greeted me in the morning by throwing up an entire bottle on me. At that point I handed her to S who was going to get in the shower and said I think she will need some soap. He got her cleaned up and I got myself cleaned. S left for work and E came. I cared for the baby which involved numerous gas mask worthy diaper changes and a few more outfit changes while E cleaned.
Wednesday 8/15/12: Another day with a sick baby. She did start eating and seemed to keep some food down. So we are making progress. Then just when you think she is fine suddenly we are wearing her milk! I am sure there is some kind of benefits to a soy milk(formula) bath a few times a week right? Hopefully my skin will be moisturized or glow or be soft or well anything besides smelling of spoiled formula. Eventually she went to bed but did not stay there. S and I have been taking turns sleeping in the living room with her
Thursday 8/16/12: YAY Peanut seems to be better. She actually ate her lunch and kept it down. She took an hour nap this morning and then a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I cannot complain. She needs longer naps but this is the sure sign that she is still sick. E came today and cleaned then entertained Little Lady while I finally got around to filing the medical claims with our insurance. Hopefully the claims go through quick! Having to pay for our medical out of pocket is starting to add up. Then I called E2 (oh forget it I am getting confused with these initials) and asked if she needed a ride to Asian night at the embassy. She did and we found her house no problem. So we hung out with Emily and eventually her husband made it down to dinner. I really like them. They are a great couple hopefully we will get together again soon. We stayed late at Asian night only to have the baby start getting sick again as we were walking out the door. On the plus side we remembered to pay for dinner this time. Lately we have been rushing out with a crying baby and get home to find that neither one of us has paid. Whoops!
Friday 8/17/12: We had breakfast with Tam at Crumbs. It was yummy. I actually found a place with bagels! We even bought some to bring home. Man I never realized how much I love bagels. Ok I knew about it but was not really ready to admit it. Anyways we had breakfast and today was the day that our normally awesome baby decided to be anything but. So we were THOSE people. Lol. I guess it was about time that we had the baby that was making everyone elses child seem perfect. She screamed and cried and was just a cranky girl. nothing made her happy except her teething biscuit which i took from her before she dropped it and this was the ultimate insult to her. This was the point where she went into temper tantrum mode and yes our 8 month old throws temper tantrums. We thanked Tam for breakfast and quickly left. We all came home and took a 2 hour nap then headed out to the pool where we met up with Emily and Mike!! It was a great time and we agreed to get together again over the 5 day yes you read that right 5 day weekend!!! We stayed until the pool closed then came home and had some shawarma and we all went to bed. It was a long day. We really live the tough life huh? Hanging out at the pool all the time?
* ok just so you know I started writing this on Tuesday of this week and it is now Friday... How easy it is to get behind on this!!!! AHHHHHH
Saturday we did nothing special. S went to work. I played with the peanut. OH and Peanut otherwise known as Little Lady started crawling. She is 8 1/2 months I don't know if this is ahead or behind but it is a bit early in my books. We just ordered the baby gates and it will probably be a month before we get them. The cats are not ready for this either. Thank goodness it is not the most coordinated crawl yet. Right now she is army crawling but she does get up on all fours and then she kinda hops both legs forward then moves her hands usually making her lay on her belly then she gets back on all fours and does it again. So I think we need a bit more practice!!!
Sunday: We went to Jerash!! Mike was sick so he and Emily were unable to go but Allison and George came and lucky for them they got to hear Little Lady scream the entire 40 minutes there. More on this trip in a seperate post. Yes you will just have to wait to hear about it and see it in pictures. I just will warn you now there were no chariot races. :(
Monday: Little Lady and I went to playgroup!!! It was the first time we made it and we had a great time. We want to go back again and we will as soon as we can work it out. Little Lady had so much fun she even skipped one of her naps becuase it was too exciting. For those that are here in Jordan and thinking about going to it well worth it. Little Lady was a bit younger than the other kids but she had a blast. Yes it meant that I had to actually help her to play so I could not sit back and hang out but lots of the other moms were playing too. Plus we met a lot of nice people we would not have met just hanging out at the embassy. A circle of little kids banging on drums is just what you need to start your Monday! Apparently not if you were out celebrating EID the night before, a neighbor actually yelled at us to shut up (in arabic) becuase we were too loud. lol!
Tuesday: the last day of the Hoiday weekend. S, Little Lady, and I all headed out to the pool after hitting a grocery store. The store was a mad house but Little Ceasers was open after so we decided it was a much needed stop for lunch!!! Then we went to the pool where it was packed with everyone else who was enjoying the last day of vacation!! We stayed, played and then came home and had left over pizza for dinner! It was a great day.
Wednesday- S worked and Little Lady and I played. She worked on crawling and of course eating lots and lots of food. i should mention that She has also been sleeping most nights in our bed. She doesnt start there but is ending up there. How this happens when she cannot walk yet I do not know. Ok actually I do know. SHe cries and cries and refuses to sleep unless I am holding her and I give up because I want sleep and so I opt for some cuddle time in bed. S moves to the edge I get the middle she the other side. Usually at this point a cat or 2 jump up on the bed and a queen size bed begins to feel really small and crowded. All i can think is of that song where the little one says roll over and they all fall out.
Thursday: Dinner night! Little Lady and I had intentions of getting otu of the house all day but it did not happen. We cleaned, played, and made pumpkin bread. She loves banana bread and we were out so on to pumpkin we go. IT is a hit. She loves it!! Eventually we head to the embassy, have some dinner, hang out with friends and come home around 9pm. Little lady did not want to sleep. Eventually we got her to sleep around 10:30 and we went to bed shortly there after.
FRIDAY!!!!! Ok so today is actually Friday. Little lady slept in her own bed all night and is currently down for a nap. an horu and half so far. I probably should go and check on her. Oh well I will after this. So Little lady slept until 9 this morning. It was refreshing. Now S is in the shower then he is off to work and Little Lady and i are going swimming and to play at the playground for the day. We need to get out and enjoy the day.
There now you are caught up. Not a lot of fun to talk about and as I rushed through the last few days I am sure I missed funny things I could tell you about. I will have to think about it and update is necessary. SO please ignore all the grammar and spelling errors. I just typed and will edit later. I really should check on the baby and get ready to do. Have a great weekend!!
Tuesday 8/14/12: Spent the day dealing with a sick baby. She was up most of the night and then greeted me in the morning by throwing up an entire bottle on me. At that point I handed her to S who was going to get in the shower and said I think she will need some soap. He got her cleaned up and I got myself cleaned. S left for work and E came. I cared for the baby which involved numerous gas mask worthy diaper changes and a few more outfit changes while E cleaned.
Wednesday 8/15/12: Another day with a sick baby. She did start eating and seemed to keep some food down. So we are making progress. Then just when you think she is fine suddenly we are wearing her milk! I am sure there is some kind of benefits to a soy milk(formula) bath a few times a week right? Hopefully my skin will be moisturized or glow or be soft or well anything besides smelling of spoiled formula. Eventually she went to bed but did not stay there. S and I have been taking turns sleeping in the living room with her
Thursday 8/16/12: YAY Peanut seems to be better. She actually ate her lunch and kept it down. She took an hour nap this morning and then a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I cannot complain. She needs longer naps but this is the sure sign that she is still sick. E came today and cleaned then entertained Little Lady while I finally got around to filing the medical claims with our insurance. Hopefully the claims go through quick! Having to pay for our medical out of pocket is starting to add up. Then I called E2 (oh forget it I am getting confused with these initials) and asked if she needed a ride to Asian night at the embassy. She did and we found her house no problem. So we hung out with Emily and eventually her husband made it down to dinner. I really like them. They are a great couple hopefully we will get together again soon. We stayed late at Asian night only to have the baby start getting sick again as we were walking out the door. On the plus side we remembered to pay for dinner this time. Lately we have been rushing out with a crying baby and get home to find that neither one of us has paid. Whoops!
Friday 8/17/12: We had breakfast with Tam at Crumbs. It was yummy. I actually found a place with bagels! We even bought some to bring home. Man I never realized how much I love bagels. Ok I knew about it but was not really ready to admit it. Anyways we had breakfast and today was the day that our normally awesome baby decided to be anything but. So we were THOSE people. Lol. I guess it was about time that we had the baby that was making everyone elses child seem perfect. She screamed and cried and was just a cranky girl. nothing made her happy except her teething biscuit which i took from her before she dropped it and this was the ultimate insult to her. This was the point where she went into temper tantrum mode and yes our 8 month old throws temper tantrums. We thanked Tam for breakfast and quickly left. We all came home and took a 2 hour nap then headed out to the pool where we met up with Emily and Mike!! It was a great time and we agreed to get together again over the 5 day yes you read that right 5 day weekend!!! We stayed until the pool closed then came home and had some shawarma and we all went to bed. It was a long day. We really live the tough life huh? Hanging out at the pool all the time?
* ok just so you know I started writing this on Tuesday of this week and it is now Friday... How easy it is to get behind on this!!!! AHHHHHH
Saturday we did nothing special. S went to work. I played with the peanut. OH and Peanut otherwise known as Little Lady started crawling. She is 8 1/2 months I don't know if this is ahead or behind but it is a bit early in my books. We just ordered the baby gates and it will probably be a month before we get them. The cats are not ready for this either. Thank goodness it is not the most coordinated crawl yet. Right now she is army crawling but she does get up on all fours and then she kinda hops both legs forward then moves her hands usually making her lay on her belly then she gets back on all fours and does it again. So I think we need a bit more practice!!!
Sunday: We went to Jerash!! Mike was sick so he and Emily were unable to go but Allison and George came and lucky for them they got to hear Little Lady scream the entire 40 minutes there. More on this trip in a seperate post. Yes you will just have to wait to hear about it and see it in pictures. I just will warn you now there were no chariot races. :(
Monday: Little Lady and I went to playgroup!!! It was the first time we made it and we had a great time. We want to go back again and we will as soon as we can work it out. Little Lady had so much fun she even skipped one of her naps becuase it was too exciting. For those that are here in Jordan and thinking about going to it well worth it. Little Lady was a bit younger than the other kids but she had a blast. Yes it meant that I had to actually help her to play so I could not sit back and hang out but lots of the other moms were playing too. Plus we met a lot of nice people we would not have met just hanging out at the embassy. A circle of little kids banging on drums is just what you need to start your Monday! Apparently not if you were out celebrating EID the night before, a neighbor actually yelled at us to shut up (in arabic) becuase we were too loud. lol!
Tuesday: the last day of the Hoiday weekend. S, Little Lady, and I all headed out to the pool after hitting a grocery store. The store was a mad house but Little Ceasers was open after so we decided it was a much needed stop for lunch!!! Then we went to the pool where it was packed with everyone else who was enjoying the last day of vacation!! We stayed, played and then came home and had left over pizza for dinner! It was a great day.
Wednesday- S worked and Little Lady and I played. She worked on crawling and of course eating lots and lots of food. i should mention that She has also been sleeping most nights in our bed. She doesnt start there but is ending up there. How this happens when she cannot walk yet I do not know. Ok actually I do know. SHe cries and cries and refuses to sleep unless I am holding her and I give up because I want sleep and so I opt for some cuddle time in bed. S moves to the edge I get the middle she the other side. Usually at this point a cat or 2 jump up on the bed and a queen size bed begins to feel really small and crowded. All i can think is of that song where the little one says roll over and they all fall out.
Thursday: Dinner night! Little Lady and I had intentions of getting otu of the house all day but it did not happen. We cleaned, played, and made pumpkin bread. She loves banana bread and we were out so on to pumpkin we go. IT is a hit. She loves it!! Eventually we head to the embassy, have some dinner, hang out with friends and come home around 9pm. Little lady did not want to sleep. Eventually we got her to sleep around 10:30 and we went to bed shortly there after.
FRIDAY!!!!! Ok so today is actually Friday. Little lady slept in her own bed all night and is currently down for a nap. an horu and half so far. I probably should go and check on her. Oh well I will after this. So Little lady slept until 9 this morning. It was refreshing. Now S is in the shower then he is off to work and Little Lady and i are going swimming and to play at the playground for the day. We need to get out and enjoy the day.
There now you are caught up. Not a lot of fun to talk about and as I rushed through the last few days I am sure I missed funny things I could tell you about. I will have to think about it and update is necessary. SO please ignore all the grammar and spelling errors. I just typed and will edit later. I really should check on the baby and get ready to do. Have a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol