Monday, August 13, 2012

A day at the Dr.

Well Little Lady is sick. Lucky us it hit her at 3am. She started crying and I went in to check on her (flip her over). As I tried that she was not having it and that was when I noticed the smell. I got her up and changed her but a change at 3am is like the alarm clock going off to this one. So up she was. I went and made her a bottle thinking maybe if I fill her up she will go back to sleep. SHE DID!!! That was until I put her down. Yep she was in the I feel yucky and I want to cuddle mode. So S being the trooper/ Daddy that he is decided to sleep in the living room with her after a failed attempt by me in our bed. S got comfy and then I handed him Little Lady and they were out for the night (or so I believed). Apparently Little Lady wiggled all night keeping S up. Who knew? Not me, I was comfy cozy and sound asleep in a bed all to myself! Plus there was not a certain little one making noises on the baby monitor. So I slept great from about 4 until 6:30 when S's alarm went off.  They were sleeping but by 7 S and Little Lady were awake too. At that point I took over the baby and S got ready for work. Eventually S left for work and Little Lady had some milk. She even took a nap with me for 1 1/2 hours!!!! That is huge to our 30 minute napper. I was glad I got to snuggle and nap too! I am still catching up from being sick myself. Well as soon as we got up she was sick. Yep I will spare you the details. I called S and we headed to the Dr at the embassy. The nurses there then sent us to the pediatrician. Well for those wondering about the DR here... here you go! We find a spot in the lot of the busy street. I carry her to the building and she is crying. We get in the office and she starts smiling at the receptionist! Great... So I fill out our name and address and sit down. Eventually it is out turn. The normal DR is out for Ramadan so we saw his substitute. The patient rooms are connected by a door. The Dr never leaves the rooms. She just traveled between the two rooms. The nurse weighed and measured our Little Lady then the Dr came right in. She started talking to me in Arabic and I am sure my mouth stood open in my dumbfounded look. It is not flattering I really need to work on it. Eventually she asked in English boy or girl? I said girl (who was wearing jeans with flowers on them and a purple shirt with butterflies) she looks at the chart and says " oh Little Lady, yes of course girl" then she asked me what was wrong I told her and the whole time Little Lady is sitting there smiling, waving and being her happy silly self. the Dr looks at me like I am insane. I feel like I have to fight to explain she is a premie, has reflux and is allergic to milk. The Dr is talking in English but with a heavy accent and really fast. She puts me to shame on speed talking. Plus she talked in circles. I am kinda glad she is not the real Dr. She leaves and I walk to the reception area in a daze. The receptionist hands me a receipt and I pay the 25 JD for the appointment. She then hands me Little Lady' s chart and is like here bring this to all your appointments. I guess that saves them the storage space! I leave and as soon as we reach the car she is screaming and eventually I make it to the pharmacy. Where she is still screaming and I would later discover she is covered in her lunch on both ends. Oh well. We are in the pharmacy so I get in line. Where everyone and their brother cut in front of me and give me dirty looks. At one point a lady actually looks at me and says " Do you think He (see previous outfit description) is hungry?" My reply is " no SHE is sick. I just need to get her medicine and leave" Then the lady cut in front of me!!!! AHHHHHHH I hate this country!! ok not really but it was annoying that everyone wanted out because of the screaming baby so instead of letting me go they all cut in front of me. Anyways we get out and I am driving home with a screaming baby. She eventually falls asleep I get home and she gets up I change her and we play. I give her her medicine, she has some dinner. S gets home. We do the bedtime thing and She has her milk. I went to turn her over to burp her and she burped and then up came 6oz of milk and who knows how much pedialyte. S will tell you it smelled like strawberry milk. I mean I guess that is the positive! So we had to change her all over again, wash the dresser, the carpet, the floor, her lovely ( I am currently glad she is not a 3 yr old and attached to that one specifically), and I change. We get the room darkened and now she is asleep. S and I are going to have dinner and hopefully a quiet night. After I get a shower! It was a very exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol