Sunday, April 3, 2016

The layover- Dubai

Well here we go on hopefully another great vacation. This time I plan to try to blog about it as we go. We shall see how I do but having the app on my phone helps.

So day 1 is behind us. I normally wouldn't even post about a travel day but this one is special and it turns out provokes lots of questions in people. I think that makes is blog worthy don't you?

Well here is the itinerary: travel Warsaw to Dubai where we have a 14 hour layover. Then on to Phuket. Tickets were cheaper with the huge layover so we took it and even with this hotel and extra food we are still ahead. I can also tell you this is the most relaxed I have been on a trip ever!

Upon checking in in Warsaw the airline gave us meal vouchers for the Dubai airport as well. Completely unexpected! We plan to use those for breakfast in the morning. 

So far we had wheels up at 1:30pm Warsaw time. We landed in Dubai at 6:40pm were greeted by a guide at the gate. He lead us to the hotel where we checked in, settled in, and then left to wander the airport and get dinner. We found a restaurant that sounded good. Had a delicious sit down, non rushed meal and went back to the room. Everyone was asleep by 11pm Warsaw time.

The hotel has provided us with coupons for food, toiletry kits, a chance to shower, stretch out, and get some rest in comfy beds before we continue on our way.

So far this has been great. We avoided all of the stress crankies that come from being tired, hungry, and so over travel that the long haul flights usually cause. Tomorrow when we wake up it is a simple check out and walk to the gate at boarding time. We never left security so we get to rest comfy again until we leave. Then 5 more hours and we are in Thailand!

I cannot wait and highly recommend this long layover method to anyone. The difference too I think is we stayed in the airport. No security, no customs, no taxis, no stress. We paid more than going into the city for the night but this was just too simple not to. We didn't have to get our bags either. It has been great.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol