Here is a break from the vacation photos (yep there are still more days to tell you about) to show you what LL was up to today. I have been looking online for homemade paint recipies. It is hard and expensive to find kids paint here so this seems like a good option and LL loves to paint. So we started with this one today.
Sidewalk Chalk Paint and it only takes 3 ingredients. Cornstarch, food coloring, and water!
It was super easy to make. Millie helped. The one mistake we made was using too much food coloring. It still washed off of everything but it did dye our skin a lovely bruise looking color.
Here are some pictures of the fun.
 |
| Erapie was a good sport about it. |
 |
| Trying out the small brush |
 |
| Then she went for the big brush |
 |
| The finished product. |
 |
| It all washed away with some water no problem. Nothing is stained and I rinsed out LL's pink skirt and it looks the same as it did before the paint. Much better than Crayola washable paint which has stained all her clothes. |
2 comments:
Looks like you had fun. We'll have to try this once it cool of a bit. We have a huge patio, but no shade on it.
Angie
I am hosting playgroup in September and I am planning a messy play day and this is one of the activities I have planned for our balcony. It is a lot of fun. Millie even loved mixing the colors/ making the paint.
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol