Monday is playgroup day. We love going and it is a nice chance to get out. This week we went on a field trip to the Animal Center. I must admit I was a bit nervous about this outing. Not because of the animals and taking LL but because of the awful things I have heard about this place. People have brought many (like 4 dogs and at least 3 cats) home and they have all died within 2 weeks. I have heard it is because they refuse to vaccinate their animals until they know the are going home. One dog was adopted out having Parvo. SO like I said I was nervous. You may be wondering if you were nervous why did you go? Well I figured it was better to see the place than to just hear about it from the people with negative experiences and so here is what I found.
We were greeted by a very nice owner (Marilyn) and she had a whole little area that had a tent over it to create shade for the kids. there were Kid size tables and chairs along with coloring pages and playdoh. The kids loved it! There were cats and dogs running about but were more of a welcoming committee than a stay away. They even had a little area set up with small climbing structures and play houses for the kids. Once again the kids loved it. I think everyone would have been happy even if they didn't get to see the animals. Slowly they brought out little cages and then put animals in them. A kitten, bunny, Guinea Pig, puppies (with their eyes still closed), and an eagle. That last one we didn't get to hold...strange! lol The animals were just left there while the kids looked and then we took a tour of the place. We stopped first at the turtle pond. Marilyn was teaching the kids about the turtles and the need for water when we heard some paniced crying.Yep that would be my daughter with her head stuck in the fence. YAY!!! Go her! so I pulled her out by lifting her out the top and then tried to calm the melt down. I am sure there was more talk about the turtles but I was busy. We then moved to the Eagles, Guinea Pigs, Bunnies, Ducks, Other birds, Dogs, an Owl, and the cats. To be honest the animals seem ok. They look dirty but that is Jordan. It is hard to stay clean when you are kept in cement pens in the desert. The cats were more inside and at least had shade. We then went inside to the vet center. It was very clean and organized. People were bringing their pets in to be taken care of and it all seemed very normal. It didn't have the same disinfectant/ pet odor smell I am used to from the states but like I said it seemed clean. They showed us the animals that were in there because they were sick and then we went for some cuddle time with the little animals outside.
LL was torn between snack and animals. She started by petting the guinea pig and kitten then had snack. Then she went back to hug the bunny and they let the kids feed the puppies. All the kids loved feeding the puppies and the bigger kids loved holding the animals all by themselves. Over all it was a great day. It didn't make feel as bad as I thought I was going too and while the animals were cute I did not feel the need to bring any of them home. I am sure that is S's favorite part. I have a feeling he was dreading me coming home and wanting something. I held strong! YAY me!
 |
| Coloring time |
 |
| Checking out the turtles (notice she is perfectly fine standing behind the fence) |
 |
| and there she goes |
 |
| Trying to figure out how to get out |
 |
| Marilyn holding up the turtle for everyone to see |
 |
| and pet |
 |
| Looking at the eagles |
 |
| Checking out the guinea pigs |
 |
| Look at all those pets people gave up. That makes me sad |
 |
| Bunnies |
 |
| LL made friends with this little kitty |
 |
| Kitties waiting to go home |
 |
| Waving to the kitty |
 |
| They were sad to see us leave...Notice the white cat sitting on the door handle |
 |
| Bye kitties! |
 |
| this is the recovery room for the sick animals |
 |
| Cute little dogs. Also hoping to find a home |
 |
| getting a lesson on taking care of sick aimals |
 |
| Layla wasn't so sure of the this little puppy |
 |
| Play time on the slide |
 |
| Cooking in the kitchen |
 |
| Playing house |
 |
| Peek a boo |
 |
| Checking out the turtle again. This time without getting her head stuck |
 |
| Bunny Love |
 |
| I love this bunny. I will keep him and call him George. |
 |
| A saint Bernard...Yep that was our size limit. All the kids loved him until her stood up then most went running away. lol |
 |
| Petting the kitten |
 |
| The kitten was checking everyone out |
 |
| I think she loves him! |
 |
| Getting to feed the puppy |
 |
| LL was very gentle |
 |
| She really does love kitties |
 |
| Feeding a puppy. I think we have a future animal care giver on our hands. Sorry honey I think she is sucker for animals like her mommy |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol