All of the actual contractors (Brooks remodeling, top builders, Dry Home roofing, and American Windows) were great. Very professional, no pressure tactics, just easy to deal with. While we are still waiting for official bids from most of them we are happy to go forward with any of them. The other window company just plain angered us. Windows Nation is a large window company similar to wall side windows in Michigan. Though they did come recommended to us we will not be choosing them. The representative that came out was nice enough though his jokes verged on rude. I told him I wanted a bow window and he told me "oh that is going to be too expensive. You don't want that". On what planet does he think he knows my financial situation. He clearly saw a young couple and figured we are broke. He also made fun of my tape measure that was sitting out. Told me how "cheap" it was etc. he eventually got around talking about the Windows and giving us a quote. His quote was huge, then magically there was a sale if we bought within 2 weeks, save another 12% if we bought right then. I told him I was not giving him an answer right then as I had another person to talk to. He then proceeded to tell me the problems with the next person, the quote, the inferior Windows, etc. when that didn't work he decided to insult my intelligence. "You would really choose someone with an inferior product?" "You honestly would pass on my deal for them?" When that still did not work. He left to pack up the car and magically came back with yet another lower quote involving using our house for advertising. When I still refused because I wanted to talk to the last guy. He took the quotes from me, the book, everything, threw his card on our table, wished us luck and walked out. He got so pissy with us. It was almost comical. Almost! The worst part all the things he said about the next company were not true oh and he never did price the window I want because he thinks it is too expensive for me. Basically we will not be calling them back and I highly advise you not to as well. His whole speal was crap and lies. Not very professional.
Now on the positives. We had lunch at Windy City Red Hots. Their dipped sandwiches are amazing. Yum! Our airfreight was delivered today. Woohoo. We won't be living there but we have our pillows, my fall boots, and Little Lady's toys for when we are at the house.
We also went to visit the property managers today. They had yet to respond to my requests to deal with the landscaping. So we visited them and added a few more complaints. Our washing machine would not drain and turned out to be full of rocks and gravel. Also we discovered that the front of our house floods. I was washing the spiderwebs down and ended up flooding the basement with it coming in on the water heater and furnace. Yikes. We shall see what they say as they needed to meet with the owners to discuss what to do.
On the boring side I dropped clothes off to the dry cleaner where I met the owner and I visited the hospital for some lab work. The hospital has been under renovation so it was interesting to see.
Such a fun day.
.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol