The first 48 hours in a new country have passed and here is what it is like:
Whether it is the fact that we went close to 30 hours without sleep before arriving, are extremely jet lagged, excited about being in a new place and meeting new people I can honestly say it is all a bit of a blur. We made it home in about 5 minutes from the airport! Woohoo! Unfortunately as much as we kept saying we were going home it didn't feel like it when we arrived and I had to remind myself that that part is coming. Just hang in there. Our sponsors live across the street.They came over and introduced themselves to us and showed us around the house, ordered pizza for us and then were gone. We were alone in a new house, in a new country, and it was strange. How quickly we remember what it was like when we arrived in Jordan. Though we are getting used to it. The house is great. The neighbors amazing. We live close to tons of families and on a dead end street. The kids play in the street. Literally drawing with chalk in the street! We have tons of stairs that are Little Lady's favorite thing and a yard. We can walk to some small stores and to restaurants. It seems nice. We went to the grocery store today. Talk about overwhelming! There was nothing we recognize and nothing in English. We learned of a few new words and mostly bought by the pictures. Tonight's spaghetti was interesting. Beef, a sweet tomato sauce, pepper, salt, and a garlic/ celery seed mixture. Still edible, not that bad really, just very different. I also purchased laundry soap...the directions are in polish and they do not include a measuring cup with the cap...this could take a while before we have clean clothes. lol Oh and our welcome kit did not include scissors. This is getting interesting. Another thing to remember always bring grocery bags with you to the store (none are provided), and have coins for the deposit to get a shopping cart. Oh and in what world...I actually had to unload my cart myself, bag my own groceries, put them in the car, carry them in the house, and put them away. I don't think I will ever be the same. Thank you Jordan for spoiling me. I would have to add park my own car but since we don't have one yet that was not an issue. lol My how things have changed. I will tell you more about it but I can't quite think straight yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol