Thursday, September 11, 2014

Market tour

 Well we have been in our new home for a week now. I can honestly say that once our stuff arrives I think we will be very happy here. The kids have all had a blast playing outside on the nice days and it is great to open the windows and not worry about sand. Little Lady runs up and down the street chasing bubbles, riding bikes, drawing chalk with all the other kids and I can watch from the kitchen window while another mom watches them or I can have some much needed adult conversation outside. I have been to the embassy and it feels a bit confusing. Nothing as large as our last one but with ongoing construction and a bit of a maze like feel and walk between two buildings it will be a while before I can get around it. This time around I am determined to take every opportunity to explore something new. I have signed up for Polish lessons starting at the end of the month (now I just have to find a preschool for LL) and I went on a market tour yesterday in Hala Mirowska. It was amazing! We went to many of the stalls and our native speaking guide showed us how to pick the produce, what it is called, what to ask, and we were given tastes. I had to bring Little Lady and she did eventually get tired but it was a great experience and I cannot wait to go back. Though I can say for sure that using Arabic does not help in a Polish market. I agree with others that I have talked to and apparently our brains are divided into English and Other...Spanish and Arabic do not help when speaking with Polish speakers! That's why I signed up for lessons as soon as I returned home. Wish us luck as we continue on this crazy adventure of adjusting to life in a new country.

An embassy photographer captured this great shot of Little Lady during the tour


Learning about the different types of eggs and which ones to buy. They are all stamped with a number and if the number starts with a 0 it came from a free range chicken, 1 is organic, 2 is caged but have some room to move, and 3 is unable to move it is so tightly caged.
One of the meat vendors. This one sells beef
Plums. Fresh picked and 2 PLN/ Kilo= or around .30/LB

Delicious Raspberries...Yes they taste as good as they look

Seedless grapes! Thank Heaven. Taking the seeds out so LL will eat them is a giant pain.
Fresh nuts
Apricots- You want to buy the brown ones because the orange ones have preservatives in them to keep that orange color
Holding up her tasty treat. She suddenly decided to try them (after a summer of screaming no!) and now cannot get enough




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol