Friday, August 1, 2014

The Botanical Gardens

What an amazingly peaceful place. I have to say I have never been to the Botanical Gardens in DC before yesterday and now I wonder why. It was a beautiful place to visit and so calm and peaceful. Plenty of places to just sit in the shade and enjoy the breeze, flowers, and buzzing insects. Little Lady loved all the colorful flowers and was keen to hunt for butterflies. We didn't spot any butterflies but she made do with dragonflies. We met up with some friends from Amman and the girls had a great time in the children's garden. There they were able to water the flowers, play in a little play house, run through a plant tunnel, and jump on the rocks. They loved it! With all the watering Little Lady required an outfit change in no time. The girls also enjoyed finding the fruit in the plants in the green house and eventually they found coins in one of the waterfalls and were concerned that they could not get it out. It was a great day out and such a great place to visit. I can't wait to visit it again sometime and made spend more time looking at the plants and less trying to keep Little Lady from running through the place.

Hanging out just down the street from the capital

Elmo enjoys the gardens too

I spent the time practicing using the camera in manual and manual focusing...




Love this little pond area

washing the tools

watering the flowers

Jumping on the stones

She is upset she is all wet. Gee I wonder how that happens

The wind just blowing through your hair.



Discovering the coins in the water

This mommy duck has 8 babies. We watched them swimming for quite a while until they decided to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol