| This is Dr Pepper |
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Reston Zoo
Today S had some meetings that he was able to use the Metro to get to which gave me the car for the day. Little Lady and I took the opportunity to run some errands. (lets just say that was not as fun as you would have thought) and then we headed to the Reston Zoo. Now those errands I was talking about involved trying to get a new rental car. The maintenance light came on I called hertz and they told me to exchange it. I showed up at the local office and he laughed. He told me they have one small sedan and that is it. The guy probably forgot to reset the light when they last serviced it so he would just reset it. OK cause that makes me feel better. We also tried to get passport pictures taken. I was successful Little Lady, not so much. Her picture is her with tears streaming down her face and full pouty lip. Yeah and that took 30 minutes to get. The guy (which was the manager of the CVS I went to) kept telling her how he didn't have time for this, gee thanks dude cause this is just how I wanted to spend my day. Begging my 2 1/2 year old to stand for a picture is just what I dreamed of. We left CVS and I just hang my head as half the store (all 5 other customers) are staring at me like I am the craziest women alive and we walk to subway. We grabbed some sandwiches which i had to keep explaining we were saving for later and off we went. We arrived at the zoo where Little Lady wanted to feed the sheep and goats. We purchased a baby bottle for them and we were set. She loved it. She is still talking about the brown sheep from the Loudoun County Fair so this was right up her alley. We then participated in the pony ride. Which much to my amazement she loved. Usually she thinks she will like it then looses it when we actually get to the animal. We went on the wagon ride where she loved the animals and was yelling at the kids who were talking about the Ostriches (they had them as well) and telling them that "They're Emus!" She just thinks she is so smart sometimes. Then we saw Dr. Pepper. He is a Watusi Cow with huge horns and well very friendly. She was not convinced. She began screaming and that was that. We waited for a while the ride moved on. We saw camels which she proceeded to yell at "Don't eat the truck" (She still has flashbacks to Wadi Rum) and then we had lunch, finished visiting the rest of the animals and headed home where we enjoyed a nice long nap. What a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol