So January first came and went... We had been planning on celebrating Christmas on Jan 1st since we were gone over Christmas but S and LL were sick. S had the flu and LL had a cough and fever. So those two were not in a present mood and therefore neither was I. We sat around and watched movies instead. It was a nice way to spend the day.
January 2nd...Yep their still sick. S stayed home from work and we watched TV and just relaxed most of the day. There were the usual battles over nap. LL hates to take them. Eventually it was bed time and we all went.
The 3rd: Happy Birthday Jocelyn!
S went to work. I drove him and we planned on him coming home early. Though he actually made it the entire day and we even went to steak night at the Embassy for dinner. It was not very crowded. I guess people are still on vacation or something but it was nice for LL and I to get out of the house. Oh and I made muffins today that had veggies in them. They were pretty yummy. I got the recipe from someone at playgroup who had modified the original recipe and then I modified it more. LL loved them and I found them to be a great snack and even breakfast. I will be making these again.
The 4th: We went to City mall and wandered around. We had a few things to get from Carrefore and we returned an outfit to Gymboree that LL had gotten as a birthday present. It was a cute outfit but they gave us a 2t and it is clearly a winter outfit and I just don't know when she will fit in a 2T. So we decided to get her a 2t dress instead and that way we can put long sleeves and tights with it if it fits her when it is cold or she can wear it in the summer because it is a light weight short sleeve dress. We also finally opened our Christmas presents! Little Lady has many new toys to enjoy (now where am I going to put these) and S and I were very fortunate to receive some gift cards to Amazon. Now let the shopping begin!! Thank you to everyone that sent us something. We are very grateful and truly blessed. Sorry it took us so long to open our gifts. It has been such a crazy time for us.
The 5th: S and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary by staying in the house all day!!! lol We watched movies. He played with LL. I made Lasagna and Italian herb bread for dinner. Some Pomegranate pineapple punch to drink and even some apple crisp for dessert. It was yummy. Little lady was her usual stinker about going to bed but she did eventually and we got to finish a movie.
WOW what an exciting beginning to January isn't it? I am hoping to get better about this whole Blogging thing. Though I cannot say the weekly updates wont continue but I am hoping to have more interesting things to type about as we move on through the year. Let's see how this goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol