Monday, January 5, 2015

Some new books

Along with all the toys Little Lady received some new books over the holiday. I love getting new ones though I can honestly say we have not even read half of what she has. She gets stuck on one and then that is it. So for now here are the two that we are stuck on right now and I can highly recommend them to anyone looking to update their Childrens book collection.

Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker
http://www.amazon.com/Goodnight-Construction-Sherri-Duskey-Rinker/dp/0811877825



This book is about the work certain pieces of large equipment do at construction sites. It talks about each one and then you say good night to them as they get cleaned up and go to bed. Little Lady loves it and whispers goodnight...bulldozer goodnight along with me. We are currently stuck on this one each night before bed. Love it!

How do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad! by Jane Yolen
http://www.amazon.com/How-Do-Dinosaurs-Say-Mad/dp/0545143152/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420470774&sr=1-1&keywords=How+do+Dinosaurs+Say+I%27m+Mad%21



This book is amazing! On each page is a dinosaur throwing a fit, screaming, pouting, hitting, throwing toys.etc. All the things we have problems with in our house. Then when you get to the end it tells about how dinosaurs count to 10, take a big breath, a time out, then say sorry, clean up the mess and give big hugs. Little Lady is responding to this book. It doesn't always work but she loves to read it and will talk about how she has to take a breath or count when she is mad. As long as I catch it before she gets too mad that is. She suddenly loves dinosaurs. Obsessed with them would be a good way to describe it and so this book hit the nail on the head in our house.


I would love to tell you about the others but she has yet to let us enjoy those ones. She ended up with around 6 books I think...maybe more and these two are fast favorites in our house. Personally I love
The Book with No Pictures  by B.J. Novak. Thanks Ashley for introducing us to it This book is hilarious. It makes the person reading it say silly things and the kids find it the funniest thing ever.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Pictures-B-J-Novak/dp/0803741715



Little Lady was enthralled by the Llama Llama books for forever so I picked up this one this holiday. llama Llama Home with Momma by Anna Dewdney I love the message that even moms need some taking care of when we are sick... Ok there is probably more to it than that but that is my favorite part. Little Lady likes this one but the two books at the top of the page are the current winners of the holiday so this one has only been read twice.




Ok well I just thought I would share with you what is on our current reading list. What is on yours? I would love to know your favorite Children's books. Like I said we are always adding to our collection! Oh and I put the links to these books on Amazon in case you were interested. You might be able to get them cheaper somewhere else, I receive nothing from you buying it from amazon or anywhere else. I just already had those links from when I bought the books.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol