Tuesday, April 1, 2014

14 days running...

and this potty train is picking up steam.

After what was an incredibly rough 2nd week we are now into the 3rd and 2 days in a row our Little Lady, or Big Girl as she likes to be called now, is wearing undies and staying dry all day. We had a slight accident yesterday but we are not counting that one. She was too excited about the sheep and we didn't make it back to the house in time.

 You might be wondering what we do at nap time? She wears diapers though she asks to wear her undies and we have tried it but she just can't hold it while she is asleep yet. Also she is still in a crib and so even if she does wake up she has to rely on me to get to her in time. SO we said we will work on that when we get a big girl bed.

Night time? Same thing. She wears diapers. She has never woken up dry. EVER. So I think practicing holding it during the day will hopefully help us to the dry at night stage when we finally make that transition to a toddler bed.

I was asked by a couple mom's what products we are using and books are we reading. Well back in July when LL originally started wanting to use the potty I wrote this post. Check it out for the list of items. All purchased on Amazon and shipped to our mailing address no problem. Though here is my updates on the products.

Potty seat: Yeah not my favorite. The pee guard seems to be a just a bit big or we need a bigger step stool. LL seems to get stuck trying to climb on or off the potty because she can't seem to get around it. When we were in the states she had a cushy Elmo potty seat and she loved it. There was never a problem. Though I didn't put the pee guard on it so that probably helped.

Stool: Wonderful. Sturdy, stable, easy to clean and LL loves to move it around to where she needs it. This can be a downfall as well as she can reach our "Kid Currency" all by herself

Books: She loves them and still reads them often.

Book for mom: Love it. Have re read it and the method worked for us.

DVD: If I have to hear "it's potty time" one more time I am going to go insane. I can sing along to all the words and well it seems to be a reoccurring feature in my dreams lately. I always wake up having to go.

Kid Currency: the bribes: M&m's, Marshmallows, cookies, Popsicles. You name it we use it. LL gets a marshmallow or M&M for trying. A few for peeing..we negotiate each time and usually she settles for 4. Though in the beginning they were not enough and if she peed on the potty she got a special small cookie. Popsciles are for poop. She loves the yogurt kind and hey, she is getting some calcium which we are in short supply of lately. So it works for me.

Well that is it. I am cautiously optimistic that we are getting there. We have even left the house with no problem. She seems to do better with remembering when we are away from home. I think it is the appeal of a new potty. Wish us luck as we will be traveling a lot soon and I think we will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol