It only takes a few days, they say. It gets better every day, they say. It isn't so bad, they say.
Yeah right. Well week one went amazing. Little Lady only had a couple of accidents each day. She loved running to the potty and using it. Was excited to wear her undies and tell Daddy about it when he got home from work. The weekend came and she simply said "No". She did not want to wear her undies. Threw a temper tantrum that had to be heard by our family back in the states about wearing them. Yeah, it was a busy weekend anyway. We went to Ikea, I finished a cake, we went to a birthday, S and I had our hair cut and it seemed like an ok idea to let her wear her Dora pull ups and not fight her on it. We reminded her about the potty but she refused.
Now into week 2. Little Lady is wearing her undies and pooping on the potty. YAY!!! Except she is choosing to pee in her undies. No matter how many times I remind her about the potty she doesn't care. If I take her to the bathroom there is much kicking, screaming, and crying. It seems traumatizing (probably mostly for me). When she does pee in her pants she is quick to say "MOMMY, I'm Wet. Accidents happen" . Then today I take her outside to play across the street from our house. Just to run around a bit and she wore her undies. I asked her to potty before we left. She refused. So I said ok, then lets go. After about 2 minutes she of course had to pee. She was full out doing the potty dance and I asked her if she needed to go and she said yes. I picked her up and we ran to the house.( I think the guard outside thought I was crazy. He clearly has never been in this situation) I opened the door and we ran to the bathroom ( for those who have seen our house you know I had to actually run to the back because it is a distance, especially when you are 2). We made it in time and she peed! We returned outside and were playing great. Came back, ate lunch, reminded her about the potty she said no and then maybe a minute later she is again telling me "accidents happen"
She gets it. She knows when she has to go. She can hold it if needed. So now what? S says that the novelty has worn off and so now it isn't fun so she doesn't want to do it. We use stickers, candy, stamps, a reward chart. You name it we have it for the rewarding. She just doesn't get that excited about any of it. I am not even sure what she would get excited about.
So Mommy friends and Daddy friends too...What do you think we should do next?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol