Thursday, October 25, 2012

October wrap up...

It has been a month. Well over a month. I tell you there have been many times that I sat down to write something, anything, knowing that there were things I could say but time flies and babies interupt even the best intentions. I mean how much can you actually get done in one 30 minute nap? Not much! To all my pregnant friends and those with newborns enjoy the sleepy phase while it lasts. While our Little Lady was busy and nosy and well even hated naping as a newborn she did for a few short weeks (YES WEEKS) take 1, 2 hour nap a day and that was my time to use as I saw fit and I really miss that now. ok so yes. New Moms take the time to enjoy snuggling that sleepy baby while they still want to be sleepy. If you are lucky you will get a nap hater like we have and you will be down to 1 maybe 2  30 minute naps a day by the time they are 10 months and you will be forever busy. It is the best weight loss plan though. I am so busy with Little Lady that I am the smallest I have been in a long time like almost back to high school weight!!!! Ok so enough rambling here is what we have been up to. Posts to come to elaborate on some of the more interesting parts. Since the last post we

1: Visited the Dead Sea and for once S could actually float!
2: have gone to numerous play groups and play dates
3: planned and executed a baby shower
4: sponsored a family (basically showing the ropes to a family new to the Embassy)
5: Did my first photo shoot of someone other than Little Lady
6: Did Little Lady's Photo shoot for her turning 10 months
7: Date night with the Hubby!!! yay for having a Nanny/ housekeeper willing to work nights!
8: 2 birthday parties
9: 1 work dinner
10: 2 dinner nights at friends houses
 and a certain Little Lady has been cutting a tooth for over 2 weeks. Eventually she found her own way to get it to break through by banging her mouth off our kitchen table (extended marble counter top) which resulted in a lot of blood and a freaked out mom and dad

whew that is exhausting just typing it all out and remembering everything we did. Yet it does remind me how we went from feeling lost and alone here to having so much to do there is little down time in hardly the blink of an eye. We are very grateful for the community here and all the friends we have found. This is a great place and most everyone is very sweet, kind, helpful and since we are all in the same boat it seems to help bring people together. I never even felt like I had this great of a community when we were living in Virginia. Who would have thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol