S, Little Lady, and I headed to the Dead Sea for a weekend at the beginning of October. It was all of our first time to visit and it will not be our last. We arrived on a Thursday (which is our Friday) after work at our hotel, the Movenpick. It had a gorgeous lobby and they put in the effort of making you feel like you were in the old world or something. The rooms were spread out around the grounds and so it was a bit of walk to get anywhere. The room was nice enough. not baby friendly and we had to rearrange the furniture so we could accommodate the pack and play but that is nothing major.
 |
| There was a duck pond on site and Little Lady excitedly yelled Duck Duck at them. Does it surprise anyone that Duck is one of my kids first words??? |
The staff was very friendly. At one point I asked for a few pieces of watermelon for Little Lady and the waiter brought us a platter full of 2 kinds of melon and told me " the chef remembered her and wanted her to have it" We accepted and they did not even charge us for it. Now we have no idea how the chef remembered her but whatever free melon is great. Little lady sat and thoroughly enjoyed her treat while the rest of us enjoyed our lunch.
 |
| Doesn't everyone kick back and put their foot up while eating watermelon? |

We went down to the beach and Little Lady wore her life vest for the first time. She was not that big of a fan of the vest but she loved being in the Dead Sea. She splashed happily and cried when we took her out. We thought she was crying because of salt in her eyes but apparently that did not happen and all she wanted was for me to put her back in the water. Well that did not happen either. S and I also took turns floating in the water and it is a strange sensation. You can actually see the salinity of the water. It looks kinda oily, well I guess that is the best way to describe it. It also feels very slippery. It was nearly impossible to actually swim in the water. We were floating too high to really move through the water and so it took a million strokes and we did not get very far. It was very easy to float on your belly or your back. We even floated sitting upright. However the challenge did come when we tried to switch positions. Also trying to not get water in our mouth or eyes. Word of advice to any of you that are interested in going to the Dead Sea. Do not shave your legs the day of or day before you enter the water. It stings! Also it leaves a terrible red rash all over your legs that itches like crazy. Just a little public service announce for you.
 |
| Salt Formations |
 |
| More salt |
Anyways so I tried out the mud too. I only put in on my hands this trip because Little Lady was acting up and I wanted to be able to get clean quickly if needed but the next time I will have to do the full body covering. We actually saw people completely covered. Head, including the face and hair, all the way to their toes. I think they must have regretted the face decision when it came time to rinse off in the water. So the mud is a very thick gray mud and to be honest reminded me of the clay that we find when digging holes in my parents backyard. It did not seem like it was anything special but it did seem to soften my hands after leaving it on for a bit. So after we enjoyed the sea, we enjoyed the pools and eventually the restaurants. We ate at the on site steak house and at the Italian place. Both served great food though we are still adjusting to the slower pace of meals here. Little Lady had melt downs. I left the restaurants. I was given the evil eye by people as I carried a kicking and screaming till she is purple little baby out of there. If I was not just anxious to get out and stop her crying I probably would have given them a piece of mind. I mean what did they want me to do, just sit there and let her scream? Oh well. I left and let other people enjoy their meal until she fell asleep on me and I could go back in to enjoy mine.



 |
| Infinity pool | | |
|
Either way we enjoyed great weather, sun, sand, sunsets, meals, and
friends. It was a nice weekend and a great experience. We cannot wait to
go back.
1 comment:
So cool! I remember swimming in the Great Salt Lake when I was a girl and it was truly weird. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol