Sunday, July 1, 2012

J Imagine

Little Lady went on her first scheduled playdate. We went to an awesome place called J Imagine with A and her mom and siblings. Now this place will be even more awesome once she is getting around better. They have a baby/ toddler room, an imagination dress up room that comes complete with different sections set up as houses, doctors office, firetruck, play garden and others, also an art room and water/ sand table room. Little Lady, A and  Baby I all played in the baby room at first. They have play mats, wooden toys, rocking horses, stacking toys, blocks, and the list could continue for days I think. Eventually A (who is walking), and Baby I (who is crawling) figured out there is another room. They took off and so did their moms leaving Little Lady and I to play on our own. Eventually curiousity got the better of me and I had to go and find out where everyone else went. Little Lady and I ventured out into the big kids area and we found that A and Baby I's siblings had been transformed into Princesses and knights. A had found a baby to carry around that was bigger than her and Baby I was just chewing on a rubber duck. Well this made me wonder where the duck had come from. Little Lady and I had to find out. So we went to the sand and water table room. Now in your head you are probably picturing this little water table right? No! This is a whole room. It has probably a 10 by 5 ft sand table with buckets and rakes and things. This I figured was a bit over our 6 month old heads so we went straight for the water. Now the water table is probably 20 feet by 4 feet. It has some parts that stick out like waves, it has hills for a waterfall, and fountains. There were all kinds of ducks floating in there. They had some that were different colors and some that had hats and things. Well I will let Little Lady tell you about it.

Little Lady: This room smells like a pool, and there is water like a pool, and duckies like my bathtub but as hard as I tried Mommy would not let me get in. I kept trying to tell her she was doing it wrong. Holding me over the water so I could put my hands in is not how this is done but darn this baby speak she did not understand me. She just let me put my hands in. Then she held me near this thing she called a fountain. It had water spilling out of it. I put my hand in and took it out. Then I put it back in and decided to try putting it in and out really fast. This results in water going everywhere! Yay!! Now I decided to keep doing that until I was wet and Mommy was wet and of course the room was wet. Unfortunately Mommy decided I was getting too wet and she took me away from the water and back to the baby room. The toys in the baby room are nice but not as much fun as splashing in the water.

So after we returned to the baby room for a few minutes we decided to feed the gang. There were 3 adults, 3 babies 1 and under, and 4 kids 6  to 3. It was a bit crazy but Little Lady mooched peppers from Ms C. they are her new favorite food to gnaw on and Mommy ran defense against the nice older kids trying to share their popcorn with the little ones. We played for a little bit longer and then decided it was time for everyone to head home. We did set up another playdate for Tuesday in which we will all be going swimming. But if you are ever in Amman and need something to do with the younger crowd I highly recommend J Imagine. All the kids had a great time and it was fairly cheap for them to play there. They also have summer camps there for the 3 and up crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol