So today started off like any other day. I had a plan to clean, but procrastinated. Playing with Little Lady seemed like a much better idea. That was until 12:30pm. The phone rings...I answer..it's S. Here is what the conversation went like:
S " I talked to shipping and guess what"
F "It's coming Saturday" While in my head I am cursing the fact we don't get to go on the trip but at the same time happy our stuff is coming
S "at 3o'clock"
F " on Saturday? wow that is during Ramadan I didn't think they would be working"
S " No. today"
F " wait what?"
S" our stuff is coming at 3pm"
F " So you're coming home right?"
S " yeah but I thought I would call you first"
F " Ok so I better get busy. See you soon."
Yeah so I was kinda dumb. I really did not get what S was saying We went into panic mode. I was really happy I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning the floor instead of putting the stuff away. Whoops! Little Lady sensed our excitement and refused to nap. S came home and him and I ran around the house gathering all that was loaned to us and getting it all boxed up to return. I clean up the kitchen, finish washing the dishes from last night and the movers are here!!! 3pm!
They take S out and have him present for the opening of the truck and crates. Items get brought in and checked off. I try to direct them to the right room but it is evident very quickly that the Spanish speaking people who packed them had no idea what they were packing (everything was labeled basket lol) and translating the Spanish labeling into Arabic is not working. lol Soo it is kinda a mess. The boxes are placed in rooms and the guys start unloading them. It is very overwhelming. Our Boab tries to help with all the translating. Little Lady gets lots of smiles from the guys. I get tired of holding her so we put her on the clean porch in her jumper. She happily jumps until she gets hungry and tired. I feed her and then she finally gives in to the nap (oh great her crib is not built yet and the old one is hidden in the spare furniture room) I slide into the spare room and wiggle the crib enough to get her in it. I shut the door and hope she gets some sleep. She does (30 minutes) and is a happy camper when she wakes up. The guys finish up around 6pm.I start on Little Lady's room. She has to have a room to sleep in.
Then S and I order some delivery and sit back and just look at the mess we have
Eventually we head to the bedroom to clean off the bed so we can go to sleep on our mattress that we have been missing.
We get the clothes thrown in the closet, make the bed and go to sleep. It has been a long day. I bet you can guess what we will be doing for a while.
Some translations from the packers:
Cat house= litter box
Baby car = stroller
Baby animal stuff = Giant stuffed giraffe
baby toilets= diapers and wipes (yes this one is hilarious to me)
I cannot think of any of the others but as we think of them we will include them.
S " I talked to shipping and guess what"
F "It's coming Saturday" While in my head I am cursing the fact we don't get to go on the trip but at the same time happy our stuff is coming
S "at 3o'clock"
F " on Saturday? wow that is during Ramadan I didn't think they would be working"
S " No. today"
F " wait what?"
S" our stuff is coming at 3pm"
F " So you're coming home right?"
S " yeah but I thought I would call you first"
F " Ok so I better get busy. See you soon."
Yeah so I was kinda dumb. I really did not get what S was saying We went into panic mode. I was really happy I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning the floor instead of putting the stuff away. Whoops! Little Lady sensed our excitement and refused to nap. S came home and him and I ran around the house gathering all that was loaned to us and getting it all boxed up to return. I clean up the kitchen, finish washing the dishes from last night and the movers are here!!! 3pm!
| Dining room is ready for our boxes |
| Little Lady's Room ready to be organized |
| This is our dining room table |
| What will be our living room |
Eventually we head to the bedroom to clean off the bed so we can go to sleep on our mattress that we have been missing.
| Our bed. |
| Downy has found a new place to sleep |
Cat house= litter box
Baby car = stroller
Baby animal stuff = Giant stuffed giraffe
baby toilets= diapers and wipes (yes this one is hilarious to me)
I cannot think of any of the others but as we think of them we will include them.
1 comment:
Your apartment looks gigantic! I love the huge dining table.
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol