Monday, August 10, 2015

Water Adventures

Hello Blog World I have returned. A few months have gone by and I promise I did not forget about you. I just kept thinking that I needed to blog about events in order. So I wanted to wait until I had time to go back and catch up on writing. Well at this point I am so far in the weeds on that. We will just get started with what we have done recently and I will back track when I can. Who doesn't love a good flash back right?

Well this weekend was Hot. This past week was Hot. This coming week is Hot. HOT HOT HOT. Conveniently during this heat wave we have going we had a canoe trip planned. S arrived home from 2 weeks TDY and the next morning we were off. It has been years since either of us have been in a canoe, but mister boy scout was certain it would be no big deal. I had some confidence. I am not awful. I have done it before and it didn't go terribly. S thought it would be great to bring Little Lady with us. I had my doubts and was certain she would tip us at least once. Guess what? It never happened. We rode the bus for an hour. When we arrived at the river we discovered our canoe was really a kayak. We had a three person one. We put on our vests and set off. The water was pretty clear without a lot of current. We spent a lot of time bouncing from shore to shore. I gave up trying to paddle because whatever I did seemed to make it worse. Even when the wind would blow the whole boat would turn. The first 10 minutes were the worst. LL was bored and wanted to go home and S and I were trying to get ourselves sorted out. After that she found ways to amuse herself (mainly splashing us) and we worked it out that unless I was instructed to paddle I just would sit. Though I did still paddle at times just to spice it up. lol S paddled for 2 hours avoiding the human obstacles and other boats in the water. We stopped for a lunch break then continued for another hour. S was incredibly sore and tired by the time we were done. We then visited  restaurant for lunch and had a tour of Modlin Fortress. It was a long day but lots of fun laughable moments along the way.

Getting ready to go

and we are off. Not too crowded this far up river

One of many dragonflies we had visit us


LL wanted to paddle so we gave her a turn


I promise she did have fun. She just chose not to wear her sunglasses




Another relaxing day

LL loved playing in the water.

and splashing S and I


Cow farm

row up Bar

There were bars all along the river

Lunch break

I am determined to get family pictures at things.




LL was asking Ms. Jen if she had seen any of the things on her Canoe Bingo sheet

A little bit of time to play in the river


Back in the boat for some more paddling

Look who came to visit me. This little guy hung out with me for about 5 minutes

Just a little traffic jam

One of many beach parties we passed along the way

these beach areas had lots of swimmers to avoid

Touring part of the fort that was at the restaurant


SO happy to have Daddy back
The restaurant had a goldfish pond


Map of the fort








Today it is still hot. We checked out the new Lake Park here in Warsaw. It was interesting. Glad it was free to get into. It seems like when it is finished it will be an awesome place for young people to hang out. Not necessarily a kids place. They had plastic kid chairs but it just seemed like we were disturbing the peace. The kids enjoyed the small swim area and sand. Not sure how often we will go back but it was a nice way to relax on a hot morning.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol