Monday, February 2, 2015

Our first real snow

I cannot believe that our first real snow happened on January 31st. By real snow I mean like an inch and my family who is currently buried in a foot of the fluffy stuff is probably laughing hysterically right now. Anyways it finally happened. There was enough snow for Little Lady to play in. She woke up and looked out the window and just yelled "snow!". Next thing I know I feel like I am apart of Frozen as she kept talking about building a snowman and how Elsa came and froze everything. Apparently in Little Lady's world Elsa is now the queen of ice, snow, and all things winter. Of course it was a day where she woke up before dawn too. I held her off with trivial things like breakfast, brushing teeth, using the potty, and getting dressed until 9am and then all bets were off. I had run out of stall tactics. She happily ran upstairs asking daddy " Do you wanna build a snowman?" and yelling "it snowed!". Daddy was still asleep and all I heard from him was "really is there enough snow?" I told him sort of and that we were going outside. Eventually he climbed out of bed and joined us for the fun but he missed the big event. Little Lady made her first snowman in Poland. She now has made a snowman on 3 different continents!! After the snowman was complete. She tried to make a snow angel but we had used pretty much all of the snow to make our snowman. Then she wanted to go for a walk. So we walked down the block to the playground. Along this walk we had to stop to see every foot print we could find, throw snowballs, walk backwards to see ourselves making the footprints, and of course just generally brush snow off of every fence, rock, tree that had snow on it. That one block walk took us about 45 minutes. So without further delay...here are the pictures of our first adventure in the snow.
See what I mean. Hardly any snow but just enough to make her happy

First she tried shoveling it

Such a little snowbaby


On to making the snowman...First we roll it

Then we kick it because rolling is taking forever

Back to rolling because kicking was breaking it

How much more do I need?

What do you think Daddy?

He needs a little more work

All Done!

I had to trick her into smiling for the picture.


Walking backwards to inspect our foot prints

Seeing if they are different when running

A girl and her Daddy

Bird Tracks!

We made it to the playground



Snow angel

As you can see we had used almost all of the snow for our snowman so it was a bit of a sad angel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol