Monday, January 13, 2014

Rainy Saturday activity

 Well Saturday was going to be our get out of the house and do something outside day. It was predicted to be in the 40's. A regular heat wave after the below zero temps of the week before. Unfortunately, the rain came and it continued to rain all day. Flooding began. It was a mess. So what to do? Paint??? Yeah...no. Instead Great Aunt JoAnn came over and a gingerbread house was made. I had bought the house with the intention to make it before Christmas. I mean that is when you make those sorts of things right? Well we just plain were way to busy. So it made for a great rainy day activity. Though I have to admit. I did not read the directions before we started. I was relying on the experience of my mom and aunt who I figured had to have done this sort of thing hundreds of times. WRONG!! Apparently they have never made gingerbread houses either. So we opened the box and sorta read the directions. It said to make the house and wait for a few hours to harden. Well that was not an option. I had already promised LL that she would get to make a gingerbread house. So we held it together for a few minutes and used lots and lots of frosting. It worked. Then we just kinda winged it in terms of sticking stuff on. In all reality. LL decided she was the queen of the candy. Grandma and Aunt JoAnn were the workers and they were only allowed the candy she did not want to eat. She handed out the colors she wanted them to use and other than a few choice moments, was content to eat the candy and watch them work. She would shout an order every now and then. Then they were all done. Aunt JoAnn had to go home and my mom and I worked to get rid of LL's sugar buzz so she could take a nap. Everyone had a great nap. I even had one!! WOOOHOO for rainy days. Then we grilled some steaks and made awesome baked potatoes for dinner! After dinner we pulled out wonder horse from the basement. He was given to my brother when he was 3 months old. SO this horse is 49 and still going! She played for a while then went to bed. Where she woke up a few times screaming to ride her horsey. First thing this morning she got her hat on and said she was going for a ride. This girl is starting to get a thing for horses.
Getting started

You want me to what?

Here is for you

And you

Working hard

Considering all the options

Eventually we remembered there was a backside to the house



and what made you think you were going to do that?

I did it!

Actually putting something on the house

Tah Dah!

It is beautiful. Isn't it?

The back

Snowman side

Dinner!

Everyone had to go for a ride. Elmo first

Then duck

Then Tigger

Next was Baby

Even her Minnie chapstick had to go for a ride

Waking up this morning. She declared she was ready to ride after she donned her riding hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol