Sunday, July 28, 2013

Potty train part 2

Well ladies and gentlemen the potty train is leaving the station and I am so not ready to get on. I must say I am not ready for my little girl to be a big girl. Don't get me wrong. I hate changing diapers. I hate the smell of the diaper pail. I hate having to bring a diaper bag everywhere and then forgetting to restock it with diapers. I hate wrestling with my daughter to get her to lay down so I can clean her butt all while she yells "butt butt" and "peeyeewww". SO I should be the one that is happily embarking on this quest. However I just find diapers easy. I don't have to find bathrooms for her. Road trip? no problem! Day at the park? Sure why not? Day at the pool? Of course! Except now what I see is the logistics of finding bathrooms, reminding her to use the potty before we leave, the amount of spare clothes I will have to bring, trying to convince her to get out of the pool to use the potty. UUGGHHH what a night mare this seems to me. Like I said diapers are easy. I just have to remember to change it and hey she reminds me if she is too wet! Now with all of that said she keeps chugging ahead. 4 days since the potty went in the bathroom and she has peed on the potty 4 times! Now I know this isn't a huge amount but since I am not reminding her to use the potty this is pretty good. She has also told me twice "poop? POTTY!" and goes running to the potty. She gets on, sits for ten minutes, then says done and gets off. We get the diaper back on and then she poops, but she gets the concept! So now just to wait for it to happen I guess. With all of that said it is all her because here is our method as of now!
I put her in diapers and pretend the potty doesn't exist.
Eventually she will suddenly look up and say "potty" I say "ok let's go potty" and she runs to the bathroom.
I strip her down and she climbs on up.
She reads her books and I try to think of new things to point out in the books.
She may or may not pee (usually she does once a day).
We celebrate the potty time with 1 marshmellow ("marshy") for sitting and 2 for peeing, after the hand washing of course!
Then she gets back in a diaper and away we go. She usually asks to go potty once maybe twice a day. Now I just have to figure out how much longer I should be lazy about it or should I just bite the bullet and jump on the potty train? I just can't figure out where to fit it in our schedule. How have my experience parents out there dealt with potty training. Any advice would be great!

PS. Cute story from Day 1: I told Little Lady I had to go potty and so I went to the bathroom and she followed me. Then she disappeared and came back carrying her potty stool for me so I could reach the potty. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving comments! Comments make us feel loved. lol